With our help, the University of Dundee secured unprecedented Chinese student interest during Covid-19 lockdowns.
The university had to go beyond the competition in its student recruitment strategy, to stand out in the UK’s rapidly growing and highly competitive market.
University of Dundee, renowned for world-leading research needed to grow its presence on Chinese social media channels significantly, to re-engage and re-inspire prospective students.
To support the university’s goals, we created a bespoke four-step process to drive brand awareness, engagement and nurture leads. For optimum exposure, we performed in-depth analysis and developed communications and social media strategies across the board, while continually measuring KPIs.
What We Delivered
- Launched mystery shopping initiatives and interviews with students and agents, conducted competitor analysis and reviewed existing Chinese student profiles.
- Performed in-depth audit and analysis of existing strategies to utilise competitive advantage and gaps in the market.
- Produced WeChat banner adverts and created post-graduate and undergraduate campaigns on Douyin.
- Adjusted Baidu PPC campaigns and budgets in line with student application timelines.
- Measured KPIs at every step of the sales funnel and monitored all activity across major social media channels.
- Collaborated with Chinese KOLs to create content that resonated with students and drove leads.