The University of Manchester’s Corporate Campaigns Team wanted to engage effectively with Chinese academics and researchers to raise awareness of their research among these key international audiences.
The Emerging Comms team created solid targeting, content and media strategies to ensure campaign success.
The University of Manchester needed clear messaging to engage effectively with Chinese researchers and academics, to promote their pioneering research and drive sign-ups to their international newsletter.
To ensure campaign success, we set out to:
- Develop solid targeted content and media strategies, and create carefully curated content to stand out from the crowd and effectively communicate with the target audience.
- Use complex metrics to enable precision targeting to reach the right audience via the right channels.
- Get the best possible ROI by deploying an agile media strategy.
What We Delivered
- Conducted a deep analysis of the target audience to understand their behaviour and preferred means of communication.
- Launched the campaign within two weeks, from account set-up and asset creation to going live.
- Produced and curated bespoke China campaign assets from start to finish to appeal to Chinese academics and researchers.
- Maximised engagement using video ads on Toutiao/Douyin and banner ads on WeChat to meet users’ preferences on different platforms.
- Executed niche geographic targeting and 100+ interest and behaviour labels with high relevance.
- Conducted daily monitoring and optimisation based on real-time performance throughout the campaign live period.